Dental Treatments – Tooth Whitening
Healthy teeth often get darker with age or they become stained through smoking or when consuming certain foods, such as coffee and red wine. These stains can be treated with a tooth whitening procedure which is safe and efficient.Healthy teeth often get darker with age or they become stained through smoking or when consuming certain foods, such as coffee and red wine. These stains can be treated with a tooth whitening procedure which is safe and efficient.
Home Tooth Whitening
This procedure is performed at home, for an average of 10 -14 days with the aid of tooth whitening trays and gel.
This patient had a ceramic veneer which deteriorated over time and needed replacing. Tooth whitening was also recommended to improve the appearance of all of the teeth.
Tooth Whitening Fees
|Tooth whitening consultation||–|
Contact us for a consultation to see if you are suitable for tooth whitening.
A dental examination is required before tooth whitening to ensure there are no dental problems.
The dentist will then often refer you for a hygienist visit at the clinic to remove any stains and deposits on your teeth so that you gain the maximum effect from the tooth whitening procedure
How is the procedure carried out?
- Following your examination with the dentist and your hygienist visit you will return to the clinic for a short appointment where the dentist will take some impressions and photographs of your teeth.
- These impressions are then sent off to the lab for the tailor-made precision bleaching trays to be created.
- We offer different variations of whitening gels at the clinic, Hydrogen peroxide 6%, Carbamide peroxide 10% and Carbarmide peroxide 16%. At your consultation the dentist will discuss with you which type is best for you.
- The whitening trays are made from Ethylen Vinylacetat Copolymere which is a latex free material and is very comfortable to wear either during the day or overnight.
- Two weeks (minimum) after your impressions are taken you will return to the clinic to have the whitening trays fitted. At this appointment the dentist or hygienist will fit your whitening trays for you and advise you on how to use and look after your whitening trays they will also supply you with the bleach to whiten your teeth.
- Sensitivity is a normal feature of the tooth whitening process and usually only lasts for the duration of the treatment and a couple of days afterwards.
- Please note the Tooth Whitening procedure will not change the colour of existing crown and bridge work or existing fillings. These may need changing if they are in an aesthetic zone.
MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is it safe?
The procedure will not damage existing fillings or soften your enamel. Studies have shown that tooth whitening procedures do not result in any structural change in teeth.
How long does it last?
It will depend on your intake of staining foods but in general most people do not need a top up for up to two years.
Can I have this done if I am pregnant?
While there are no known constraints for pregnant women they should consult with their physician before having the procedure done.
How can I find out more?
- Click here to download our Tooth Whitening Care Advice Sheet
Contact Us – Alanya Dental & Implant Hospital – Emergency Dental & Oral Health Clinics
Dentists and dental professionals: Please click on the orange LIVE CHAT button to the right if you need immediate assistance. (Available weekdays between 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Central). For other questions or inquiries, please use the form below.
If you have any questions, feel free to call us at this number during the hours listed below. We’d be happy to assist you.
Our Telephone number: +9 0242 518 1999
Monday – Saturday
8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Our email address: [email protected]
Our Postal address: Kestel mahallesi, Sahil Caddesi, No:21 ( Eski Kestel Belediyesi karşısı) Alanya, Antalya 07400 – Türkiye